Here is a pattern for you, which in a few hours will cozy up your iphone in cabled comfort. It’s also perfect for that last minute gift. Enjoy!
iPhone Cabled Cover
- 1 skein Jil Eaton MinnowMerino in 4758 Rouge
- Needles, size #8 and #4 and #8 cable needle
- Tapestry needle
- Place Markers
18 sts and 22 rows = 4” over stockinette stitch
- Cast on 26 sts.
- 1st row: p
- 2nd row: k3, p1, k6, p1, k to end of row.
- 3rd row: p3, k1, p6, k1, p to end of row.
- 4th row: cable row – k3, p1, CB6, p1, k to end of row.
(CB^, Cable back 6, place first 3 sts on cable needle and hold in back of work, k next 3 sts, the k the 3 on the cable needle) Work this row on the RD every 8 rows.
Work in patterns for 5”, ending on the RD. K next 3 rows and BO.
- With#4 needles pick up the 6 middle stitches on the back of your iPhone sweater – this will be easy if you insert your iPhone. Work in garter stitch for 1.5”.
- Next row BO the 2 middle sts for the button hole.
- Next row CO the 2 middle sts. K 2 rows and BO.
Voila! When we’re knitting all is right with the world!